Thursday, August 6, 2009

I made one pound busking! Whoo hoo!

Leeds,England is a beautiful place! Today Ellie and I walked through the outdoor markets & fruit & veggie stands in the inside market. I bought a dragon fruit (haven't tasted it yet), cherries, strawberries & some chocolate (to make crepes with :0)

In the market they have a whole row of butcher shops. It was really crazy to walk in and see two pigs hanging from the ceiling...I had to turn away, yikes! The nice butcher packaged everything for Ellie while I wandered outside of the door. I just kept on telling myself that I shouldn't look at the pigs because I was feeling wooooszy.

Then we walked through the town, printed my bus tickets at the library, had a quick bite of sushi at a conveyor belt sushi place, came home, worked on laundry, then went out to busk (play music) on the streets with Josh (saxophone). We made one pound!! HAAHA! About 3 or 4 people dropped some coins in...and it equalled about one pound (1.70 dollars). It was a fun time.

We came home and cooked up a scrumptious meal. Ellie and Josh and I all chopped up the veggies and then they went to work on preparing the meal...it was tomatoes, black Greek olives, sundried tomatoes, garlic, eggplant, zucchini, chorizo, chilis over linguini! We had a nice glass of red wine and candles on the table :0)

We rushed off to go to the band practice at their church. Ellie was running the media slides and Josh was playing sax in the band. The folks there were SOO nice! They offered me a coffee..instant...and I went to pour the hot water in it...the spout must have been clogged...then it burst out like a fire hydrant and went everywhere! I just stood there stunned for a second and then apologized :o/ All was well, and we headed home.

AH! We came home and I made french crepes! Ellie whipped up some fresh cream and Josh chopped up the strawberries, cherries and blackberries! I melted chocolate and we finished the day off with a heavenly treat!

Wonderful, relaxing and fabulous day! Ellie and Josh are just beautiful!

Goodnight and thanks for reading my randomness...

T*

No comments:

Post a Comment