Saturday, July 30, 2011

House Concerts :o)

Tonight I had the pleasure of playing a house concert together with Tess Wiley in Marburg.  I've only done a few house concerts in my life (3 or 4 now) but I am really starting to love them.

It's usually 30-40 people in a living room or in the garden/yard...with a nice atmosphere...candles, lamps, cool lights...a relaxed environment and an intimate concert where the banter between the artist and the audience is welcomed.

Tonight before the concert, one of the hosts wanted me to play a song on the piano.  I played "Palm of Your Hand" which is a slower tune.  He started tearing-up and said, "I am almost crying".  He had me play the song again then and then he had me play it again after the concert. Wow! It is so rich and sweet when someone connects with a song like that.  He later bought a Cd and his son was astonished, saying "He doesn't normally buy CDs" :o)  When Tess and I were getting in the car he came over and gave us some extra pocket money.  I wanted to say, "aww, thanks dad!"

This evening, the house concert was on the stone porch with golden lights and the audience sat in the garden with long tables and little awnings overhead.  Tess and I did a few tunes together. She added melodica, some percussion and beautiful harmonies on a few of my tunes and I added a little harmony and shaker on a few of her tunes.  The audience sang with us on a few tunes which warmed the place right up!

By the end of the night we were freezing and I thought that hot apple cider which is normally for the winter time would have fit just perfectly.  We were bundled up with blankets and jackets.  Is this really summertime? I know that a lot of Germans are probably asking the same question.

It was a great night! What a sweet evening. I am thinking that a house concert tour should be in the works :o)

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Tammy*
www.tammyrochelle.com
www.youtube.com/tammyrochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment