Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nashville to Atlanta to London

Hey! I hope that you've had a good day.

Well, to get started...I arrived safely in London. The flight was ok...The dinner was pretty delicious, I have to say. It was chicken breast, with garlic butter/cream sauce, orzo, and mixed veggies with red wine. Yum. I did struggle through static-filled headphones to hear the film, Jane Eyre and sleep was a bit impossible.

I had the privilege of sitting next to Crystal, a Wisconsin born daughter-of-Dairy-Farmers who brought me up-to-speed on how cows are milked (with machines), how often they should be milked (often...well, daily?), what happens to them when they aren't milked (their udders get infected and they die), the average life-span of a cow.  She is doing a 6-credit grad course abroad in England for her studies in Library Science.

I was "fetched" at the airport by my friend Terry (who, by the way, has one of the largest vinyl collections I've seen). My first day in Sevenoaks (outside of London) included making breakfast, drinking espresso with Vicki and Terry, showering, sleeping 5 hours, having a wonderful dinner that Vicki made of ham, carrots, peas, cauliflower, mashed potatoes, finished with a "pudding" (aka- dessert) of cake, custard, strawberry preserves and fresh strawberries!!!  We went for a walk in a beautiful park and around the neighborhood until I got freaked out by the bats circling overhead. Talking with my man via Skype made the evening end so sweetly.

Jet-lag isn't going to win tonight.  I am falling asleep now.  Tomorrow, I will post some photos...I want to you see the hedges in the neighborhood. (shrubbery..now thinking of Monty Python).

Thanks for reading.  Goodnight all.

Love,

Tammy*

No comments:

Post a Comment