Saturday, July 16, 2011

Official Tour Poster

To start the tour off right, Heidi Frank, a very talented singer/songwriter and graphics designer created a fabulous tour poster for this summer's tour. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

This morning started off with breakfast and lunch all at once with my friends, Terry and Vicki,  in Sevenoaks. Then I caught the National Express (England's version of the Greyhound..but much nicer) from Dartford over to Whistable which is right outside of Canterbury on the coast (where I wrote the song from my new album 'Coast of Kent').  There was tons of traffic on the way and we were a little nervous about missing the bus.  Well, the bus ended up being late due to the traffic, too.  So I made it!... Just in time with my two suitcases and guitar (I am hiring a massage therapist after lugging around these bags...not really...but wouldn't that be nice? :o).  The bus was nice but smelled like bathroom air freshener.  It was quiet on the bus for the most part.  There was a man in the back near the bathroom that I am sure has played a pirate in a movie at some point in life...just had the pirate look....hard to explain.

My sweet friend Dixie was there to meet me in Whistable. It was raining today, a bit dreary, but Dixie had good news.  Nigel Hobbins, one of my favorite English folk singers, was playing a gig in Herne Bay and wanted me to play a few songs this evening. So, after 'tea', Dixie and I drove 4 miles to an old nice and pretty conservative church.  I will post a video soon so you can hear Nigel Hobbins and the Backroom Boys. I hope that you love it.  It's the  kind of jolly music with a deep message that makes you smile the whole time, but you don't know why. My favorite part of the whole show was in the middle, right before I played, one of the singers from the other band went into the backroom of the church where I was tuning up the guitar.  She said 'It's a little nerve-racking out there' I turned around and she whipped out a flask and took a few good swigs of whiskey.  I had to crack up. She was lovely.

Today I was thinking about how thankful I am ..for friends...and for friends that have amazing hospitality who really make you feel loved when you are hanging out with them.  Thanks to Terry & Vicki and Howard & Dixie for the warm meals, hugs, rides and great conversations.  Friendship makes the tour so much richer!

In the a.m. I will be playing some tunes at Whistable Baptist Church on Middlewall in Whitstable...some for the kiddos and some for everyone.  Any suggestions on the children's songs? Maybe 'This Little Light of Mine'.

Goodnight all.

Love,

Tammy*

No comments:

Post a Comment