Monday, July 6, 2009

Alle Meine Entchen-All my little ducks

Today the sun was shining. That is always a good start for me. Warm weather is like honey to me..rich, thick and it makes everything sweeter. I sat in the sun today with my acoustic guitar and sang a bit. Two little German children wandered around to where I was singing. The little 3 year old girl with curly blond locks and bright blue eyes was so cute that my heart melted. She was with her brother, who was 5, and he was a handsome little man! They shyly approached me and then once I offered for them to strum my guitar, they were excited and unafraid.

So, I moved my fingers for the chords and they strummed the guitar. I sang the children's song Alle meine Entchen with them, since it's the only German children's song that I know. They sang with me and I felt like Maria from "The Sound of Music"...haha!!! I was sitting on the edge of the hill overlooking the beautiful surrounding hills in the village and singing with these cute kids. Their grandmother came along and joined in, too.

Sweet sweet memory.

I am listening now to the mixes of the new songs for my new album "Liberty Spoke to Me". I am trying to get these songs out so you can hear them very soon!

Love,

Tam*

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet. How cool that you knew a children's song... they probably won't ever forget that!

    ReplyDelete