Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stuttgart->Wetzlar

Hey! Last night was so much fun! I was hanging out with my friend Flo, and many folks from the neighborhood. We were having a huge cookout with steaks, salad, grilled veggies & then crepes! Of course there was some German bier, as well. It is an annual tradition for these neighbors. I was befriended by some awesome German kids who wanted to be launched into the couch and tickled and chased around the yard/house. We played music out by the fire with an upright bass, saxaphone, acoustic guitars, and a cajon (percussion). We all stayed up talking and eating chocolate by the fire until the early morning hours. It was really a fabulous night.

Today, I had breakfast, packed and said goodbye to my new friends there. Flo took me to the train station. I headed towards Stuttgart, then to Frankfurt, passed through Giessen and arrived safely in Wetzlar. My friends Ilona and Berni came to pick me up at the station. We haven't seen each other in years. They are SO lovely! We had dinner at the house and talked and talked and laughed by candlelight until it was time to sleep. Ilona and I joked around in the kitchen, just catching up on the silliness that we both have seemed to miss (ballet dancing & general nonsense).

Well, tomorrow I am exploring Frankfurt a bit with Ilona. It's good to be in Germany!

Ich liebe Deutschland!

Goodnight!

Tammy*

No comments:

Post a Comment