Monday, July 20, 2009

From Tourist City Rothenburg to Lohn, Switzerland-600 Inhabitants

me and Hans
me, Sebastian & Caleb
Rothenburg Show
Early in the evening before the actual concert started

the concert in Rothenburg ob der tauber

Willi's Birthday Party (I hope that is the right name...)





The coolest family-my hosts

me & Bolko
The concert last night in Rothenburg ob der Tauber went really great!! Lots of people came early in the evening (200-300) . I don't know...estimating numbers isn't a talent of mine. There was this cool Canadian guy, Caleb, that met me before the show. He plays lots of instruments...and VERY well, I must say. So I asked him to join me for the concert. He played lead guitar or bass on almost all of my songs. It added SO much. Also, Sebastian, a cool German guy, also joined us on the cajon (percussion) on a few songs earlier in the evening. It is just really cool to jam with people like them.

In the evening, some folks drew a massive picture with ink on canvas. They drew it sideways for the audience & at the end they turned it right-side up. It was a moving picture of Jesus.

Today was a whirlwind in a very good way. I slept in (good start), then met up with the lovely Bolko (friend & promoter for the show) and his nephew Daniel. We had a quick lunch and then joined the 82 year old 'Willi' for his birthday party. After that we went back to the host family where I was staying (they are REALLY awesome and beautiful people). I packed up my stuff, did a quick photo-session with all of the good folks there, Hans came to pick me up, we said our goodbyes, drove 3 hours to Switzerland to the village of Lohn, which has 600 inhabitants.

We stopped in at the village restaurant and had some meatloaf, noodles, salad, coffee and dessert. The owner and his family run the restaurant. Since they don't have many outsiders/foriengers come through town, they thought that it was SO cool that I was from Nashville, TN. So, the owner wanted to buy a CD from me. I played a song on the guitar for the guests there and they invited me to come back soon to play a concert on their stage. Everyone knows everyone here. It is just so new to me. I love it. I had never been in such a small community before. Fabulous! Hans and I said our goodbyes and headed towards the car.

Hans saw some friends on the balcony beside the parking lot and they were celebrating a birthday. They wanted us to come on up. They asked me to sing HAppy BiRthdaY and one of my songs. Seriously, it was such a cool day. I am so thankful for it. One guy at the party pulled out his photo book and showed me photos from when he went to the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville in 1980. That was just sweet. :o)

So, Hans and I headed to his house and I found out that HE has such a better music collection than me. He is cool. We had a glass of wine and some schinken (German smoked ham), and then he headed to bed.

That was the day...a whirlwind, but so wonderful. I miss someone right now. I got a cool note today that really made me smile. Life is good. Now, if I could just get a massage to remove all of the pain in my body from dragging my luggage around...

Goodnight!

Tammy*

No comments:

Post a Comment