Thursday, July 2, 2009

Have you tried Cartwheels lately??

Greetings from Leeds!

Today Ben was mixing the rest of the tunes for the new album! He is making goodness! We are nearing the finish line. "Liberty Spoke to Me" is almost done!! Whoo-hoo. I will post the songs up on facebook & myspace when I can. The CD will be available via CD Baby and iTunes as well as at my live shows.

Tonight, Paul and Ben and I were hanging out a bit. We cooked yummy thai food and had southern banana pudding :0) (a very quick version of it, rather). Paul played us a few of his tunes on the guitar and they were beautiful! If I would have known what a great voice he had I would have urged him to sing with me on the album!

Well, most of the day for me was spent in introspection and frustrations with parts of life that I can't seem to get. Also, I was concentrating, trying to book an airline ticket/train ticket to Germany for Saturday. So, the stress of booking various flights when they are all in British Pounds gets to me....of course because they are super expensive. Yikes!

So I called my mom and chatted with her for a bit. She is SOOO good! I am really blessed to have her in my life. She always knows what to say, even when I am a blubbering mess and don't seem to make any sense. My friend Hannah told me once that a truly good friend is one that can listen to all of the details, emotions and such that seem all chaotic, and hand them back to you all in the right order. My mom does that. She amazes me. The fact that I can talk to her via Skype and look into her ever-understanding eyes is such a comfort. Thanks mom!!

Well, my younger sis then told me that she recommends cartwheels in combatting stress. She had the urge the other day and she just felt better after. It seems really easy to get caught up in "doing-things" "being-busy" "staying focused and productive", but it is also difficult to remember that we also need to take time to recover...to take a break..to do something silly...to do something that is just freeing. Like walking, drawing in the sand, coloring, sitting in the sun, or like my sis suggested, doing cartwheels.

So, tomorrow I am gonna start my day out with cartwheels & star-jumps. Try it out, too, and let me know if it does you some good.

Goodnight and bless ya!

Tammy*

No comments:

Post a Comment