Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bus to London-Tonight-Cavendish Arms








Man, today was a whirlwind of emotions, GEEZ.

I said goodbye to Leeds and the cool people there (sad), got on a bus heading to London (tired/expectant), dragged my luggage around on the London buses trying to find the music venue (lost), found the venue (very happy), played for the folks at Cavendish Arms-London and they gave me SUCH a warm reception (elated), my friend Christina from Germany that I haven't seen in 6 years showed up to the gig (very surprised), the venue owners were being very non-compassionate about me leaving before the last act was done so that I could catch my bus and not get stranded in London in the middle of the night (upset/crying), Christina drove me to the train station and we bought my train ticket for an hour and a half to Whistable @ 11pm (relieved).

See what I mean...lots of emotions in one day. I am spent.  So, when I am tired and worn out I start thinking that things are falling apart (girl/musician(can)=emotional).  BUT, then I thought about all of the fabulous things that have happened! I just finished a whole freaking album this past week and I had LOADS of fun recording with Paul, Ben and Kenny.  Also, I played a show and it went really really well. Also, so many people were extremely helpful to me all along the way.  When I start thinking about all of the lovely people that I have met and how gracious they have been to me during my stay here, I become more and more grateful.  

Here are a few pics of the last day in the studio and also from my trip and show today. I hope that you enjoy!

Happy Father's Day to any Father's who may be reading this!

Love,

Tammy*

No comments:

Post a Comment