Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Refuse to Live in Fear

If you listen to the media, chances are you will get a heavy dose of all of the scary, awful and tragic things going on in our world. Marinading in that day-in and day out can really alter your sense of safety, security and your ability to be at ease.

Well, I believe that fear is the opposite of love. Fears, (such as insecurities, compulsions to control, paranoia, fear of failure, fear of someone becoming more than you are), can rob you of joy, happiness, security and love and can also, in-turn, damage others around you. There have been many times in my life where fear has halted me from going after something that I truly wanted or stolen my courage to walk forward towards what my heart ached for. I refuse to live in fear.

I choose LOVE. That is what I want to live in. I want to always live in love...not in fear. Whether it's hugging people, listening, giving them help whether it's money or a lift to work, cooking a meal for someone, complimenting them, encouraging them, being patient...The more that I learn to walk in love and not in fear, the more I am amazed at the rewards that follow this kind of living. Loving someone purely can dissolve past wounds & scars, it can encourage others to follow what is in their heart because they know that they have your support. Love can reverse damage and bring tons of joy. I pray that I will learn more and more about how to love.

Love love love,

Tammy*




1 comment:

  1. This is difficult, not living in fear. A daily choice I guess. Good advice...

    ReplyDelete