Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Two Sawyers & Whitstable Labour Club




AH! I am exhausted but exhilarated! The shows today were tons of fun.  Nigel Hobbins & the Backroom Boys had asked me to come and play a set with them at the Whitstable Labour Club this evening.  I am SO glad they did.  I pretty much smiled through their whole first set because it was beautiful, authentic, full, rich, real, tangible & filled with heart!  I will post some videos up tomorrow because right now I'm exhausted.  Some great friends came to see me play-thanks JJ, Matt, Justin, Elena, Alex, Mark & Sean!  My set was great because Martin joined me on fiddle for the songs!  Click here to see more photos, please :0)
In the late evening I headed to "The Two Sawyers" club in Canterbury to play a set.  Mark & Sean also played a set.  Sean played mandolin with me on"Stranded in Nostalgia" & "Going, Going, Gone" and Mark played harmonica with me on "Fly With Me". The last artist of the evening brought me up on stage with a few other people to sing with him on cue!  It was pretty awesome, especially because he was wearing a skirt...like a kilt! Fabulous!

It was a great day! Man, I never want to take these opportunities & experiences for granted.  I am so grateful for these times! Thanks God! You created SO many different/unique people! I am amazed just taking in your intricate & complex creation!



Goodnight Everyone!

Love,

Tammy*

1 comment:

  1. DONT DRINK IN THERE I WAS A MEMBER OF THAT CLUB AND THE BAR MAN MARTIN NEWMAN WENT OF WITH MY
    PARNTNER. LUCINDA WELLER NOW I DONT SEE MY CHILDREN. MARTIN DID NOT THINK OF THAT WHEN HE DUN THAT ?
    STUART KEMSLEY

    ReplyDelete