Sunday, June 28, 2009

Queens' College & Malcolm Guite


Malcolm & Me with a bike & two guitars on the walk home after the show


Today was cool for many reasons:

1. I went to a cool church and saw my new friend Maggie preach. She spoke about being generous, consistent and about having good character.

2. Met some cool American and Danish people & went to a Chinese (now British) woman's place for lunch and I got to hold a sweet 5 month old baby for a long time :0)

3. Went to my new friend Dave's Birthday party and sat on a blanket in the garden jamming with 4 guitars to Dylan, Paul Simon and a few other greats. The community I've been longing for. Refreshing!

4. Played a gig at Queens' College with Malcolm Guite (he's a fabulous poet/singer/songwriter!!!) . Click here to hear his music. We each did a set and then sang a few together spontaneously. He did some of his stunning poetry, told a story about his poetic hero that he met today, we walked home with two guitars in the basket of a bicycle and then finished the evening off with Indian order-in at the house.

Fabulous day...I am exhausted. BBC Radio Monday evening. Yes, please.

Night,

Tammy*


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy, hust found this, having started a blog myself, yes that was indeed a fabulous night at Queens, hope we play together again soon. I'll be at Duke in June and in Texas in October

    ReplyDelete