Thursday, June 4, 2009

Busking, Getting Lost, & Destiny all collide for a happy Canterbury Tale!


A Canterbury Tale*


Today it was sunny in Whitstable, England...so I decided to travel over to Canterbury and try busking (playing music) in the downtown area. I sang for an hour and a half...made about $22 (with conversion), met some really nice people, got sweet words from the folks listening and passing by, got a contact for a recording studio in town that I read about in the paper, and had a nice day in the sun. 














So, I bought some fries and a cappuccino with some of the money I made...ok, two cappuccinos...and then I bought a mystery bus ticket back to Whitstable (mystery bus- because I had NO idea which bus to take and how to get home once I got there).  A pleasant lady informed me of which bus to take and the bus driver told me which way to walk to get home...haha...WELL, I got lost.

But all was not lost, because it was destiny for me to get lost! Haha! Well, sort of :)  I walked into a little pub to ask directions. I looked up at the poster on the window and saw that this pub was actually the pub that I had hoped to go and see the folk festival on thursday night (I had seen posters everywhere the week before). And guess what??? Today was Thursday! It also happened to be 30 minutes before the show started AND I had my guitar with me since I was busking earlier.  The ticket taker asked me if I was there to play.  I said, "I don't know, can I play?"  So, long story short, I ended up playing two songs, the people were so great to me, the other folks music was fantastic, and I got two future gigs out of playing my songs!!! Sweet.

In the last few days I was feeling a little down...didn't know what to do with myself...but, I seriously got my fix with the music tonight!  Like oxygen filling my lungs with power! (I know that I am a bit dramatic, but it was such a lovely day) It's cool that we are all made with a passion...one that can be fed, one that can grow, one that we can follow after.  Whether it's helping others, growing something, making something, inventing things, fixing things...Music is that for me...it breathes life into me.  I hope for you that you have found your passion, or that it is right around the corner about to illuminate you any second.  I pray that for you.

Goodnight and sweet dreams!

Tam*













2 comments:

  1. That is one fabulous tale of Provision :). So glad that worked out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... this makes me want to be there. Someday maybe we'll get lost in Germany together!

    ReplyDelete