Friday, June 12, 2009

Nudist Colony? I am naive.















Greetings to you from Whistable, England! I am still enjoy this lovely seaside town.  It reminds me a lot of Emerald Isle, North Carolina.  Today, my new friend Dixie (see photo :o), took me for a tour of the Whistable art shops/galleries, handmade jewelry shops & took me by the Whitstable Playhouse Theatre.  We went through a tiny ally-way called "squeeze gut alley" where you literally have to suck in to pass people in it.  Dixie and I talked about life, relationships, music and traveling over a coffee, and then at her house over a cup of tea.  I let her pick out a pair of earrings from my "jewelry collection" (that sounds formal) and she gave me a whole bag of fixings to make more earrings with! Glorious! Plus, she let me have this wonderful folk music magazine that tells the info for all of the folk festivals & music happenings in England! Thank you Dixie! You are the best!

So, Dixie was the one who invited me to the Faversham Folk Club this week.  We were sitting next to some very lovely people.  They were a couple perhaps in their 50-60s.  We started chatting and then went to go and get a drink in the intermission.  The husband of the couple was telling me about this fabulous place that they went to in West Virginia to camp.  He said that they were naturists.  Great, I thought! They love nature.  So, I ask "so, do you study nature or do you just like to camp out in the woods?" He responded, "Well, do you know what a naturist is?" I said, "not really".  He said, "In the US you call them "nudists".   We like to hang out in the nude".  "That's great", I said with a face a little blushed.  Yea, awkward moment.  I felt just a little NAIVE.  He was great fun.  I love learning new terminology & walking into awkward conversations! --makes life interesting!


Well, I am catching a bus early in the morning heading north to Leeds, England to get ready to record the new album!! Thanks for reading!

Love,

Tammy*

1 comment:

  1. I can totally picture your face as you responded... ha

    ReplyDelete